Skip to main content

Relay for Life 2017


This past week, I had the awesome experience of attending my first Relay for Life! It was a blast, and amazing to see how many people support me! It was a long, hot day, but it was very very fun!




I was given the opportunity to speak at Opening Ceremony and that was one of the funnest and best things I have EVER done!! To be able to talk to people about how cancer affects so many people and to spread motivation and positivity is truly amazing. I really hope I have more opportunities to speak to people because five minutes wasn't near enough! I found a new passion while I was speaking and I really feel like I'm going to be able to help a lot of people in the future!




For those of you who don't know what Relay for Life is, it's an event where an entire town has a huge fundraiser organized by The American Cancer Society. At this fundraiser all the money goes to cancer research! It's super fun and it's kind of a party/fair atmosphere. All while raising money, people walk laps around a track all day long, consistently to represent how cancer is consistent and is there all the time.

There are teams at Relay for Life, and these teams sell stuff and support those who on their team have cancer or are survivors. Each team has a booth and just hangs out all day and has a ton of fun!







I also had the awesome opportunity to lead the Survivors Lap! This was a huge honor and privilege for me, especially it being my first year!





Overall, this experience was super amazing and I'm so grateful for all the people who supported me on this awesome day! Our team raised over $600 from t-shirts, along with many many many baked goods that were donated to us from Albertson's and Khonen's Bakery.

Thank you!!!


Psalm 116:8

"For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling."


Fight Faithfully - Taya



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Four Score and Two Weeks Ago...

Four Score and Two Weeks Ago...  A lot has happened these past two weeks. I have been tried and tested and have been through more in these two weeks then some people in a year. I never in a million years would have guessed that this would be my life. NEVER. But here I am, and I'm going to tell my story the whole way through. On Thursday February 9, 2017 I was diagnosed with cancer.  I had been feeling pain in my left ankle since the middle of December, so we went to the doctor and got a boot. I had it on for a month and after that, I had it off for three weeks.  I felt fine.  Then one Saturday I woke up to a ton of pain in the same ankle and it was swollen up to twice the size of the other ankle. We went back to the doctor and got the boot back on and then scheduled an MRI.  We got the MRI done and we found out I had a tumor. I went into complete shock and the doctor was talking, but I couldn't hear anything. Nothing at all.  

A Little R&R (Rest & Radiation)

The Days That Never Seemed to End