Skip to main content

What's Wrong With Being Confident? 5 Ways to Be More Confident




Demi Lovato says, "What's wrong with being confident?"
Demi Lovato: Confident

Hailee Steinfeld says, "I love me! Gonna love myself. No, I don't need anybody else."
Hailee Steinfeld: Love Myself (this video is amazing!)

Sia says, "I'm so powerful. I don't need batteries to play. I'm so confident, yeah, I'm unstoppable today."
Sia: Unstoppable

And Beyoncé is... well Beyoncé .

We all know that feeling when you put on some nice clothes and are about to leave to a party or fancy dinner, but when you leave the house you question every decision you've ever made. Yeah. Hi, fellow decision-questioner right here! We all know what it's like to arrive somewhere and feel out of place, or like you're either under or over-dressed and you get super self-conscious and feel like everyone is staring at you in a bad way.

Well, here are 5 ways to increase your confidence.


via GIPHY

1. Give yourself a pep talk.

Sometimes all we need is a little pep talk from ourselves, to ourselves. A pep talk can drastically change your view on a situation. By saying, "This is going to be awesome, and I'm going to be super social!" instead of saying, "This is going to be torture and these pants don't fit right..." you force your brain to think of the positive, instead of the negative. This has helped me a lot when taking pictures. I tell myself that every picture I take is going to look amazing. And guess what? IT WORKS! When you have the right mindset, you will find yourself enjoying life so much more. 

2. Buy new clothes.

I know. I just said that if you have the right mindset, everything will be fine. And it will, but sometimes new clothes can give us that extra boost of confidence that we need. (Cinderella is a perfect example of this. If you don't take it from me, take it from a princess.) Maybe your clothes are fine, or maybe they need some updating. Either way, buying a new shirt can take your confidence from 0 to 100 real quick. And let's face it: I'm giving you an excuse to buy new clothes. Take it and feel better at the same time!

3. Make a playlist.

Fact: You must strut down the hallway when listening to Demi Lovato's "Confident." It's like a thing. You have to, and if you deny that you do, you're a liar and I caught you. But seriously, making a playlist of songs that promote self-love can do wonders. They will make you dance and help you realize that you are the bomb-diggity and no one can tell you any different. And if they do, blast some music and strut yourself far away from them because you don't need that kind of negativity in your life. Work it girl!

4. Own the room the minute you step foot in the door.

Own the room? You must be kidding. I don't know if you saw me the other day, but I spilled my drink at work and hid under a rock for two weeks. YES! Own the freaking room, dude! You can do it. I promise. Here's how: Whenever you walk into a room, tell yourself that everyone there came to see you. When you walk in that room, walk in like you just bought the whole building and have a sports car outside. It may seem prideful, but as long as you don't flaunt your fake sports car, you'll be fine. And if you do end up spilling your drink, laugh at yourself, do a quick dance move, and continue being awesome! Learn not to care about what other people think. Because what other people think says more about them, than it says about you. Again, Work it girl!

5. Smile!

It may seem simple, but smiling boosts your mood automatically, even if you're grumpy. Don't believe me? Google it or ask Siri and then come back and I'll say I told you so! People who smile are often more appealing to be around and have a great personality about them. Even if you aren't all that outgoing or social, it will seem like you are. Smiling may not be natural for you. It is definitely not for me, but since I've been smiling more, my confidence has skyrocketed. So show off those pearly whites and realize how great you look!

Now go get your strut on!

via GIPHY



Fight Faithfully - Taya




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Four Score and Two Weeks Ago...

Four Score and Two Weeks Ago...  A lot has happened these past two weeks. I have been tried and tested and have been through more in these two weeks then some people in a year. I never in a million years would have guessed that this would be my life. NEVER. But here I am, and I'm going to tell my story the whole way through. On Thursday February 9, 2017 I was diagnosed with cancer.  I had been feeling pain in my left ankle since the middle of December, so we went to the doctor and got a boot. I had it on for a month and after that, I had it off for three weeks.  I felt fine.  Then one Saturday I woke up to a ton of pain in the same ankle and it was swollen up to twice the size of the other ankle. We went back to the doctor and got the boot back on and then scheduled an MRI.  We got the MRI done and we found out I had a tumor. I went into complete shock and the doctor was talking, but I couldn't hear anything. Nothing at all.  

A Little R&R (Rest & Radiation)

The Days That Never Seemed to End